View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 03:50 AM
-DeMo-

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to -DeMo-
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdicks View Post
I love this idea, and I think people are misunderstanding it. It wouldn't be 2 conferences one with 14 and one with 16. It would be 4 conferences two with 7 and two with 8.

There would be no East/West. Conference Champions would face each other in the semi finals and if I understand it right (based on reports last year) they would be reseeded and 1 would play 4 in the semifinals and 2 would play 3 in the other one.

In other words the Leafs could play Vancouver in the semi-finals and then play Pittsburgh in the finals. There would be no east and west.

Most importantly, you have to play out of your conference in the first two rounds which means conference rivals in the first two years. The NHL has idiotically tried to create rivalries by making teams play 6 regular season games against their division. The way to create rivalries is in the playoffs. Imagine seeing the Leafs play the Habs 2-3 times in the playoffs in 5 years. They would hate each other much more than they already do.
this I will also add for those saying 7 teams vs 8 team conference is bad, it's clearly shows me there setting up the conferences so that they can expand the league to 32 teams allowing all 4 conferences to have 8 teams

-DeMo- is offline   Reply With Quote