View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 04:09 AM
Carolinas Identity
#freehope

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Hansbrough is a non factor and Hibbert can't play against Miami. He's awful is almost every single game he has played against them. For some reason he can't take advantage on the offensive end and he's too slow on defense when Miami goes small. West is the guy they have to worry about because he kills them.

It might make Bosh useless on the defensive end but he probably has the best mid-range jumper in the league. Hibbert/West will have to leave the paint to guard him. Then when Miami goes small and Battier is out there, they'll have to go out and guard him at the three point line. That's probably when the Pacers will have to take Hibbert out of the game.

Pippen in his prime would have trouble "taking" LeBron. George certainly isn't going to do it. I really like George but asking him to guard LeBron and try to score on LeBron on the other end is asking a lot. Maybe they'll put Granger on LeBron on the defensive end to keep George rested. Either way, LeBron will always be a difference maker.

I think it'll be a good series and Pacers might have the best shot at beating Miami in the East. I just don't think their big men are athletic enough.
West and Hibbert killed them through 3.5 games last year. They had a 2-1 series lead and a substantial half time lead in the 4th game but stopped abusing the Heat inside for some reason.

The thing is, in a way, they don't even have to guard LeBron. The Pacers are monstrous and match up very well against everyone on Miami not named LBJ. So, James can drop 50 a game all he wants, but if no one else can do anything, that won't be enough to win the game.

I wish the Pacers still had Lou Amundson. Very underrated defender. Also, scrappy as hell.