View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 04:34 AM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi Trollinen View Post
West and Hibbert killed them through 3.5 games last year. They had a 2-1 series lead and a substantial half time lead in the 4th game but stopped abusing the Heat inside for some reason.

The thing is, in a way, they don't even have to guard LeBron. The Pacers are monstrous and match up very well against everyone on Miami not named LBJ. So, James can drop 50 a game all he wants, but if no one else can do anything, that won't be enough to win the game.

I wish the Pacers still had Lou Amundson. Very underrated defender. Also, scrappy as hell.
West is a beast against the Heat and he always kills them but Hibbert was only good in games 1 and 3 of that series. I also wouldn't call an 8 point lead at halftime "substantial". Another thing to keep in mind when looking at that series is that Bosh played a total of 16 minutes. He left game 1 with an injury and didn't play another game in the series. Losing Bosh, especially on the offensive end, is huge. Whether you like him or not, he's still an all-star and probably a top five power forward.

This isn't like it was in Cleveland when teams could let LeBron do whatever he wanted but they would still win because LeBron got no help. I already mentioned Bosh in my last post and this one but a lot of people seem to be writing off or ignoring Wade. He's giving up shots to LeBron, Bosh, and Allen now but he's still 8th in scoring. Everyone likes to talk about the seasons Kobe and Harden are having but Wade has actually been a more efficient player and he's better on the defensive end. I'll give the edge to Kobe right now but Wade is still right behind him for best SG in the league. Pacers can hope he gets injured because that's the only way he'll be one of the players who can't do anything like you put it.