Thread: Post-Game Talk: Rangers/Canadiens 2/23/2013
View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 04:42 AM
egelband

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post

What bothers me most is that no one protects our goalies..

The opponents runs them over, we help them up and dust them of..

Headscratching..

And the opponents knows it and uses it against us..

this has been the rangers m-o for years. it's kind of the one thing that's just unacceptable. i can deal with poor play as long as the effort's there and teammates stick up for each other. but the rangers are waaaaaay too vanilla. it's absolutely time for mcilrath. even if he's not ready, skill-wise. he is needed.
the one time in recent years i've been impressed with the rangers sticking up for themselves was when rupp beat the p!ss out of that guy on florida. that was sweet. rupp's gone now. but it seems like no one learned anything from him.
the rangers just expect the refs to take care of things...it's probably the 'right' thing to do, but the refs are incapable and unaware. gotta stick up for yourself in this league. not with staged fights, they're stupid, but *policing the ice* is critical.
yelling-at and pushing the violator is not enough. does anyone think that callahan's yapping and ankle-slapping with his stick is gonna deter these guys from running the goalie? no, of course not. but what's new?
i'm not ready to put this all on torts. but he and slats need to work on it. mcilrath probably would be a decent start. sends a message at least.

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote