Thread: Proposal: Colorado/Calgary/Pittsburgh
View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 05:06 AM
CobraAcesS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahrougem2 View Post
But why do you have that mentality? Why must it always be for the future? Can we not acquire a player who is going to help us right away? Does it HAVE to be for a player who is going to help us when we contend as well. If that's the case, the Avs are better off trading for a player like Michael Del Zotto, or Jake Gardiner, or Keith Yandle, but I doubt any of those GM's trades for O'Reilly straight up like that. Sather most likely won't even bother with O'Reilly, the Avs add if its Yandle, and Gardiner is beloved in T.O.

Also, as to your analogy of finishing with the 12th pick instead of the 10th; were we not in the playoff hunt all of last season? Up until the last 5 or 6 games when we fell apart down the stretch? Whose to say that this team can't realistically make the playoffs? If the trade hypothetically happened, a lineup of:

McGinn/Duchene/Parenteau
Landeskog/Stastny/Palushaj
Sgarbossa/Backlund/Hejduk
McLeod/Mitchell/Olver or Bordeleau

Orpik/Johnson
Hejda/Barrie
Wilson/O'Byrne

Of course this depends on whether or not Johnson and Wilson can come back sooner rather than later this season, but I like that lineup, I like what I've seen from Palushaj so far albeit a very limited sample size. I know Sacco would never approve of these lines but its what I would do if the trade happened
ROTFL @ that being a playoff team...

Backlund is MEH seriously, and Pj's is all of the sudden a top 6 RW? lol

How about we don't do any of that crap, we trade O'Reilly for a #2 like Yandle or Kulikov. Then we fill our holes in free-agency so we can compete for a long time instead of a couple years. Forget this year, if we can't make the playoffs with whatever comes back in the O'Reilly trade. Then we at least get a good pick and continue to build.

For example?

McGinn - Duchene - Parenteau

Landeskog - Stastny - Horton? (Boston will not be able to give him the raise he needs, but just an example.)

UFA-LW? - Bozak - Downie (Bozak is from Denver, and a third line LW shouldn't be an issue.)

Mcleod - Mitchell - Kobasew (This line has been good for us, and is practically our third line right now.)

Olver

Yandle/Kulikov - EJ (Obviously from ROR)

Hejda - Barrie

Siemens - Wilson

Hunwick/SOB

Sell off the rest at the deadline and get as many picks as possible for ROB, Hunwick/SOB, Zannon, and Jones.

Just keep it simple, no need to get all crazy with three way trades and bringing in some project third line center. Mitchell will be fine there for this year.

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote