View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 05:32 AM
Mentallydull

vCash: 500
It's funny because I was actually just talking about this with a buddy of mine on Friday when we went and grabbed lunch.

I agree we don't have enough grit/size in our lineup and this is essentially what we agreed on (I know I'm going to get burned for this but whatever).

First off would be to trade Gagner & Hemsky for someone big and good (preferably a C but whatever works).

Gagner and Hemsky have been having GREAT offensive production this season but they're prone to just the most bone-headed defensive gaffes that always hurt our team more than their offense helps it. Gagner barely wins faceoffs, is no good defensively (for all the talk of him working on it), and isn't big. Hemsky is done with us right away, so may as well get something in return.

Move Harski up to the first line to provide some grit/size and a presence in front of the net.

Harski - Nuge - Eberle

Now, what you mainly want for a C for the second line is someone who has some size and someone who can win some faceoffs. If you can get that in a trade then great, if not, why not test out some of the centers down in the A?

Hall and Yakupov will put up points regardless of who the C is as long as they're not Belanger-esque - they're missing someone with grit though. If the season continues to go downhill, try out Vande Velde - what do you have to lose? He's physical, he wins face-offs, he's defensively reliable.

After that, the Oilers have a plethora of 3rd/4th liners up here right now AND down in the AHL that you can fill your boots on in the bottom 6.

The big thing, though, is to get someone who can help maintain puck possession off face-offs in our top 2 lines and add someone who will bang and create some space for our skill guys.

Hell, the way Eager has been playing, I wouldn't even be against an Eager - Hall - Yakupov line.

Anyways, TL;DR
Harski to first line
Trade Hemsky and Gagner
Plug in random big player to second line

Mentallydull is offline   Reply With Quote