View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 06:19 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
McIlrath was never on the third pair. That is plain wrong. He doesn't play with scrubs like Niemi and Collins. He played with Parlett when he was hot and with Vernace when he started to do well. When the team needs a pure shut down pair, they use him with Klassen.

He is also on the first team PK unit.

You can argue whether his pairing is first or second, but never third. That is just inaccurate.
Beacon, he was on the 3rd pairing against the Monarchs. (I thought my memory might have failed me, so I even went back and checked)

Pairings:
Emminger-Collins (played regulary with Mashinter-Newbury-Palmieri)
Klassen-Parlett (played regulary with Haley-Tessier-Thomas)
Vernance-McI (played regulary with Segal (?)-Yogan-Jean)

Maybe the balance between the pairings was shifted for the games when Emminger was down there (and Verance was moved back while Gernander stayed with Parlett with Haley-Tessier-Thomas), but he was clearly on the 3rd pairing in that game. On paper and in ice time. He can't have played many seconds more than 14 minutes in that game. Since I've not seen much of the team down there in a while, I really zoomed in on McI, Thomas, Mashinter and Palmieri, and in the second period -- McI barely played at all. He had a fight after 4 minutes. And right when McI got out of the box, Con had a PP at about the 12 minute mark.

Emminger-Collins also started just about every PK as far as I remember. And he didn't see a second on the PP. He saw some PK time, but definitely not that much.

Its great to hear that he has played more in other games though!

Last edited by Ola: 02-24-2013 at 06:28 AM.