View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 08:03 AM
krazy kanuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percyma View Post
Interestingly enough, Windsorís location was never a factor in the WFCU Arena and the Spitfires playing host to the World Under-17 Hockey Challenge or the CHL Top Prospects Game in recent years. This is in addition to the OHL All Star Game, which was a resounding success especially in light of the fact that the Spitfires introduced the concept of playing an OHL alumni game as part of All Star festivities.
People don't travel to those events like they do the Memorial Cup. If you said U-20 sure, but not the CHL Top Prospects game. Give me a break.

Quote:
WestJet and Air Canada both offer direct flights to Western Canada where passengers do not have to transfer planes at Pearson Airport in Toronto, by the way.
I'm pretty sure you're wrong, but if you can find me the direct flight I'd appreciate it. My brother lives in Windsor and I've just recently moved to Edmonton. My belief has been that you have to connect through Calgary or Toronto to get to Windsor. There may be some seasonal direct service but I don't think so. If a city of 1.2M doesn't have direct flights to Windsor, it's unlikely smaller ones like Moncton, Saint John, Saskatoon, Brandon etc. would either.

Oh, and even connecting there aren't as many options, and it costs a bloody fortune. I can go to Vegas for the weekend (hotel included) for less.

Quote:
Sorry, Windsorís location is not in the least a detriment to a Memorial Cup bid. Nice try though!
All I can tell you is what I put in my original post - Mississauga definitely highlighted access as a positive in their presentation bid. I know because I saw the video. Barrie isn't as close to Pearson, obviously, but you are going to get there a lot quicker than Windsor if you have to layover in Toronto.

krazy kanuck is offline   Reply With Quote