View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 08:17 AM
Bank

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Bødker managed an assist but missed his penalty in the shootout. 3-2 shootout win to Edmonton.
NYI got through the holes in the Buffalo defence and Nabokov got a shutout; but sadly no point and +0 for Frans Nielsen (but at least no minus game for him).
Montreal won 3-0 over NYR with huge succes for Lars Eller with 1G 1A and +2. The line Galchenyuk, Eller, Cole each got 1G 1A.
Regin didn't play for Ottawa that won 3-2 over Toronto (huge succes for Aalborg Pirates lockout player Colin Greening with 1G 2A
Larsen got injured in the match against San Jose. Dalles managed to win 3-1 over San Jose with only 4 d-men in the end, since even Aaron Rome got injured.
Larsen's fine. He had a cut in the forehead I believe but word is he'll be fine. No word on the Rome injury. Apart from Oleksiak the guys they'd call up from the AHL team(Nemeth, Sloan, Fortunus) are all injured. Daley should be back monday but I can't help to think they'll try and flip a guy like Wandell for some depth on D from a team like Colorado.

The parts of the game I watched Philip Larsen was continuing his nervous streak. Perhaps the injuries on the D-line can give him an opportunity to focus more on being a defensively sound d-man, but I fear the uncertainty and rotation will harm a young guy trying to hard.

GREAT DANISH NIGHT BTW! Eller's freaking flying. Very excited to see the line-up once B. Gallagher returns. Boedker had a good game IMO even though it wasn't his best this year. He's less than a degree or two from a goal and is still doing a lot of the small things great. If we take his forechecking as an example - many times he uses his speed to force a rushed pass out of the d-man starting the transition. Last night the Phoenix D did a poor job of winning the puck battles following but it's an example of Boedker adding more than just what shows up on the score sheet. IMO he's joined the battle for best Dane in the NHL. NYI and Frans Nielsen got a win. Ditto DAL and Philip Larsen - and btw less TOI for Philip Larsen might not be the worst thing right now.