View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 09:11 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Can you explain specifically, playing C on line 3 or 4, how Matt Cullen would improve this team? I'm genuinelly not understanding why anyone would care if we traded for him or not. How does he make the 3rd line better vs. Jeffrey (or Sutter) or the 4th vs Vitale or Adams? He sure as hell should not C line 2.
Cullen isn't bad, but he is more of a third line pivot than anything. I don't think he would hurt the team and could play in the bottom nine. He's a guy who would probably score a big goal in the playoffs somewhere along the line and give you responsible play shift after shift.

There is just no real upside or big impact there.

I really think adding Stempniak will give this team a new dimension at wing and he is signed for a reasonable hit at 2.5m next season and is only 30. I think Shero could get him out of Calgary for a second + decent prospect. I think he is a guy who Pens fans would love and he has many of the attributes we have been clamoring for Crosby's wing.

As an example, last night he got the puck in the NZ and dangled past three Wild players and got a great shot off on net. A little while later, he jumped off the bench and got a breakaway, but got robbed. he doesn't need anyone to carry him, because he creates on his own.

Consistency has been his biggest problem, but he has been pretty consistent this season. He has played mostly third line minutes, but is only one point behind Iggy this season.