View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 11:09 AM
silverfish
KEVIN!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Lots of disturbing things came out of this game.

1) Obviously the lack of offense.

2) Obviously the injuries.

3) There just seems to be a lack of urgency, especially with the younger, unestablished players.

What exactly does Mashinter bring to this team? He's not a good enough skater to forechecking and too slow to take the body. And somebody, either Mashinter or Bickel, has to get into a fight after Biron is run and if they felt the Pacciorety hit was dirty). And I'm not a big fight guy but show some pride.

Miller and Kreider seem too comfortable in their places in the lineup.

The one guy who seems to be really trying to keep his spot and compete is Gilroy (and I can't believe I'm saying that).

4) It's not that they lost the game, they seem to always lose in Montreal, it's the way they lost.
Agree on Miller, disagree on Kreider. I might only agree on Miller at this point because I still feel he isn't ready, and when this team is fully healthy he should be straight back to Hartford.

I think Kreider has been playing his ass off since being reinserted into the lineup three games ago, and he deserves to stay. Sure, he's not putting up points, but he's skating hard and making good decisions with the puck. He's even throwing his weight around more I've noticed.

Also agree with Dorado above. Think it's time to give Haley a shot. No points in the Whale's last two games, but before that he had 8 in 6 games (3 goals). Would be open to a Mashinter/Haley swap right now.

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote