Thread: Larry Brooks: There might be Brad news
View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 10:17 AM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
We're not talking about blowing it up. One person wrote that. We're talking about buying out Brad Richards, who got his big check and seems to have checked out. There is no way I want to see him on the ice for another few years, let alone seven.

As for trading Gaborik, if we don't make the playoffs it could make sense because his contract is coming up and unless we're already feeling him out and getting a sense that he wants to stick around for a lot less (like in the 5-5.5m range) I don't see him being brought back; better to get something useful for him. I think the only real thing to consider is whether or not we truly want Brad Richards on this team for the next five+ years. I don't. He is doing EXACTLY what Wade Redden did here.
I am glad we don't run the team............they have to be patient, the team was great last yr.........they had a good 5 games in a row getting pts and now they had some injuries and are sucking............grand scheme of things its 3 bad games............relax and look to come together and bounce back............they are not going to trade Gaborik...............Richards will be giving this yr AND next to bounce back.................if he stinks at the end of next yr well the Rangers open their wallets and buy him out.........they eat money but its the Rangers and atleast they can move on

comparing Brad Richards to Wade Redden is ridiculous on sooooooooooooo many levels........Richards was a big reason why this team was FIRST last yr