View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 11:57 AM
The Blue Devil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Same excuses. Without relying on the overused he is a shut down centre reasoning. Is any of these points untrue.

1. He is not a good enough puck distributer to play with Kessel and JVR, so he cannot play on the 1st line.

2. He is not as good offensively as Kadri is, Kadri unlike Grabo is a playmaker that has made Frattin and Macarthur better players.

3. Grabo is not a prototypical shutdown C, I can count 3 games already off the top of my head that he has cost this team this year, 2 games against the Staal brothers, Eric, Jordan, and Marc.

4. If last night was one of his better games, than -2 and his line not shutting down the opposition was proof he is only doing his job at a fairly unreliable rate.

Point is, it is becoming very obvious, Grabo and his 5.5M are becoming a liability on this team.

When a better option becomes available, Nonis and now probably RC whose patience is starting to wear thin with Grabo will be shipped out. It is pretty clear there is no fit for him here as a #1C or a #2 C that replaces Kadri.

As I stated all along, he is a good #2C on a weak team, when we get better he will no longer be of use to this team. We are starting to see this this year.
You say he can't play with JVR, yet some of his best games were when he was playing with JVR.

The Blue Devil is offline   Reply With Quote