View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 11:16 AM
Kjell Dahlin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I said that if he comes back and has a decent season he'd be worth at least a first. Go read the posts.

I also said three years ago that we should deal him for JVRD. A proposition you called ludicrous... well, JVRD is now 22 years old and sitting at 3rd in the league for goals.

Would you make that trade today if you could? Of course you would... Too bad we only think of things on a season by season basis.

His experience is beneficial to our youth but he's worth more to us as an trade asset than he is on our team going forward.

I don't give a **** about the standings man. I care about cups. We aren't winning a cup this year.

Dealing Markov for a good prospect or mid first in this draft gets us closer to a cup than keeping him does. I know it's hard for you to get this concept but it's true. And we should've dealt this guy a long time ago when we let Koivu and company walk away...

We're not going to tank if we trade Markov. And even if we did tank for a year... so what? It's about building towards a cup. The logo on front is more important than the name on the back. Deal him, play Weber and try to make the playoffs. If we make it... great. If not... fine. This season doesn't matter. Next year Bealieu or Tinordi can come up and take a spot.

Just too bad that we didn't figure this out years ago.
One of our biggest flaws will soon be filled by Tinordi so I am willing to be patient and not turn into a frantic buyer mode. That said, we are 1st in the freakin’ East, we have a very good mix and depth upfront and Price is... Price. Plus, thanks to Gauthier, we have, just like in the last draft, a good amount of picks in the next draft.

Because of all of the above, I wish Bergevin will “sacrifice” the potential return he could get for guys like Markov and Cole. In the current context, proposing to sell is somewhat absurd... imo! I would not be opposed to a “hockey trade” though...

Just for the record: I don’t think you are an absurd poster Lafleurs Guy; far from it. I do however consider the idea of becoming seller in the current context... well... absurd!

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote