View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 12:27 PM
Snot Rocket
HF anti-tank squad

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarks View Post
Brings tears to my eyes watching those videos. Seems like yesterday Selanne was wearing a Jets jersey doesn't it? Oh how time flies. Would be awesome to see him back here as a Jet. Perhaps a member of our coaching staff one day. To dream.
LOL, it IS hard to watch that, kind of get choked up seeing it.
Teemu let our generation dream of perhaps getting to the cup. Every kid that I know of that could hold a stick and stand on the street, or glided around a rink imagined himself as Selanne. Winnipeg had a superstar for our generation.

The Teemu fiasco broke the fans hearts, traded away, and then the team was sold off.
It was kind of like being stabbed in the guts, a twist of the knife and then your heart being ripped out.

I watched perhaps 10 games after we lost the Jets...if that, and not whole games either.
When we got the Jets back and there was talk of Teemu pondering a return it was almost perfect...until he decided that he was going to stick it out with the Ducks.
But without hesitation I think that almost everyone would have him back in an instant, just for one last season. He will always be a Jet, and he will always have a place to call home here in Winnipeg.

Ok enough sappy stuff, Iíve got to go watch some hockey fights, followed by a best of Barney Stinson.

Snot Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote