Old
02-24-2013, 11:30 AM
FUBAR McDangles

vCash: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanesh View Post
Drink more next time.

A *LOT* more.
I couldn't drink. My gf and I were heading back last night and since it's a 3 hour drive near midnight, I couldn't just rely on her to drive in case she got tired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
Well, you get to be in middle of a winter landscape, away from the stress of the city life, in a peaceful environment and you might actually get some delicious fish that you can prepare and eat on an open fire.

What's not to like?
It was nice at first, but after about 4-5 hours of not catching a thing it got real old real fast. I tried fishing for the first time in 10-12 years this past summer, and I really enjoyed that. Being out on the lake and attempting to get a tan(even though I just get red)...that was very relaxing.

Bundled up in a little house with a bunch of drunks when I can't even join them, when they all get 4-5 fish between the three of them, that's just...annoying. Then throw in the fact my gf's grandma comes out four hours after I did and five minutes after she sat down she caught a huge ****ing walleye and it was like pouring acid in a wound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dampland View Post
Plus you can spend time chatting with friends over drinks, maybe some cribbage or cards.

A lot better than spend money on $10 drinks in some loud, sweaty bar in downtown Minneapolis.
Tried to play cards, but nobody could agree on a single game, then three of the guys were too drunk to understand a game me, my gf, and another guy were trying to teach them, and it was just meh. Fish fry afterwards was very nice though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northland Wild Man View Post
What lake?

Also, drinking and card playing helps a lot.
Lake of the Woods. Went in from Springsteel island, which is about 10 minutes north of Warroad.