View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 11:39 AM
haveandare

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjs252 View Post
This is absurd. No team that blocks as many shots as we do is "soft."

Two nights ago Malkin was put into the boards on a very similar play and there was no throw down brawl between the Penguins players on the ice and the Panthers. The notion that there's an eye-for-an-eye every time someone breathes on you wrong is crazy, especially in the new NHL where staring at someone the wrong way can get you a penalty. When McDonagh went down, we drew a penalty. If someone takes a run at Pacioretty, we lose the PP, and maybe even end up on the short end if a misconduct is handed out. That's sloppy and selfish play.

Boyle stood up for Biron, to me that was all that needed to be done.
Malking was concussed because he lost an edge near the boards. McD is likely concussed because someone hit him up high from behind into the boards. Not the same at all. There's a huge, huge difference between breathing on a player wrong and hitting someone from behind and causing them serious injury. I'd rather someone take the penalty there 100/100 times, especially on a team that is already missing a few important players and hasn't looking terribly cohesive yet. Standing up for each other like that is how you build a team that's hard to play against.

Boyle didn't stand up for Biron at all, he skated over and talked a little bit. Drop the gloves, throw some punches, ESPECIALLY after nobody responded to the hit on McD.

I'm not for gooning it up night in and night out but sometimes a team needs to lose its cool in order to establish that everyone has everyone else's backs. Last night was one of those games.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote