View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 11:41 AM
iAvs
JUST WIN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Well, RVP wanted to leave cause he wanted to win some titles, and he couldn't do that with Arsenal because they were getting outspent by the big teams like United, Citeh, Chelsea and even Tottenham. So it's fair to say RVP left Arsenal because Arsenal wasn't willing to spend enough, now in soccer this is more forgiveable as there's no cap or floor, no max salaries or RFA, and a lot of big teams lose massive amounts of money each year to support their lavish spending, but still money problems were at the root of RVP wanting out.
Same with RoR. It's all about money. That, and I honestly think he is butt-hurt Landy was named captain of the team. I know his dad said he was happy, but you know RoR considered that a slap in the face.

I'm not going to say the ownership refuses to spend. But, don't I think ownership isn't going to pull the trigger on big spending unless it is going to put us at a championship level.

We just have to hope these young players pan out because clearly that's the path the Avs are sticking with.

iAvs is offline   Reply With Quote