View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 11:41 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tymed View Post
As with the rest of our extremely young offensive core, I think it's pretty clear that this is simply a matter of their confidence coming back around, individually and as team in whole. Voracek has always had the tools and has been working to bridge his gaps ever since arriving in the NHL. When G was tearing up the QM after we drafted him, the younger Voracek was the only threat to his scoring title. I followed this race game by game and had always hoped Jake landed here. His vision is phenomenal and he always had speed as a teen. When he arrived in the NHL he simply did not have the size and strength to protect the puck and play his game, so the very next year he showed up nearly 20 pounds heavier but considerably slower. He continued to refine himself the next year by holding his new size and working speed back into his game. The next was a bit of a struggle with the rest of his terrible team and that led into Homer absolutely fleecing CBJ for him. He's a top line talent who continues to work very deliberately on removing his flaws and doesn't have a whole lot left to figure out. He's on the verge of finding himself and confidence is the only thing toying with the young talent on this team. Glad to have ya Jake.
I remember watching streams of qmjhl games back then and thinking that Voracek was going to be a superstar in the nhl one day. Admittedly, I kind of wrote him off more recently. I didn't think he was ever going to be more than a ~60 point 2nd line winger at best, but he seems to be figuring "it" out if you will. He looks so strong on the puck and is able to beat almost anyone for the puck coming off the boards.

The patented 'circle off the boards on his forehand above the circle into the high slot' move that he's seemed to master could have resulted in about 5 more goals than he has if his accuracy was better.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote