View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 12:02 PM
onemorecup*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTHabsfan View Post
I think that we all would have traded Markov three years ago had we been able to see into the future and know that he would suffer two devastating knee injuries. As far as trading him now, if the Canadiens were to get someone who could make an immediate impact, why not? If you are talking about trading someone away for a prospect/pick who will not help the team for a few years while you are currently in first place, that makes no sense. Just because you might think the Canadiens cannot win the Cup this year doesn't mean that it cannot happen. If it were to happen, it wouldn't be the first time that a team wins a championship when it is not expected. As a matter of fact, there are a number of examples of the Canadiens winning a Cup when it was not expected (1971, 1986, and 1993 immediately come to mind).
agreed my friend , if Vancouver lets say offered Hamhuis , straight up

I would drive Markov to the airport , I am not giving him away but you have to be realistic, in the next three years he will not be a core player on this roster

seriously Markov has looked average the last 2 weeks, even with our success

ditto with Cole if the right offer comes around and makes sense , why not , he is not a core guy as well 3 years down the road

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote