View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 12:23 PM
LSnow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kanadensisk View Post
I'm just curious how badly you think hockey fans in Europe would miss Canada and the USA if they weren't in the tournament? Couldn't it still be successful if it was just the European teams?

Here's the thing, even in Europe the WC struggles at times to attract fans and in NA it is almost completely irrelevant. Right now I would guess that 75% or more of the world's hockeys fans don't care for the WC, which is unfortunate given that it is the IIHF's marquee tournament. I just think unless people bring some fresh new ideas to the table we will be stuck in the same quagmire for ever and ever.
What is the problem with Europe liking WHC ? There is no good reason to not participate in it other than NA fans don't watch it. I have never heard Finns advocating that we don't send a team to world juniors. And while WHC doesn't always get good attendance it's still popular. NA fans always say that its the logo in front not the name on back that matters, but when its WHC all they can think of is " Crosby not here this sucks !!"