Thread: Larry Brooks: There might be Brad news
View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 12:36 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

vCash: 500
I definitely think Richards could be traded, but the fact the clause of retirement while under a backloaded contract in the new CBA is concerning. Would totally screw the team over.

I'm all for trading Gabby after the season if they want to shed salary and promote from within.

Could they go after a Perry and deal Gaborik somewhat like trading Gomez, although much more of an albatross, get young players/picks in return and use that money to sign Perry in the offseason? With the cap going down, It might be best to kind of do what Philly did with Richards and Carter and get value back for the players and take that a develop younger at the NHL level.

If both of them were to go, I'd like to see the team add Perry/Getzlaf, whichever becomes available. Depending on the signing based on position, I'd like to sign a 2nd line forward as well, to allow some flexibility if Stepan takes a jump to become a top line player. Personally hope Perry becomes available. I'd try and sign Stephen Weiss. Doubt Florida keeps him. Good 2nd line or even top line option if need be. Get rid of the 3rd and 4th line plugs we have (Boyle) an try younger players with something to prove there.