View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 01:12 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
Assuming Brass & Umbie are here next year and we sign Letestu that gives us 12. Only room for one of Jenner, one FA or #1 pick without sending guys like Calvert, Joey or CAM back to Springfield. All the more reason to send them (Brass & Umbie) packing for some assets, which I would like to be picks and prospects allowing a bit of flexibility to add a couple of UFA's like Brunner or some other FA's to help the O next year.
Not sure who your list includes, but I suck at tracking this kind of stuff. However, the scenario you paint leads me to ask: what about Boll and MacKenzie? (I'm assuming Gillies isn't qualified. I guess I'd offer him a two-way.) But Jared and Derek each have one more year left and good prices but if they're taking up a roster spot for someone who's going to play higher in the lineup an bump someone down...? It's an interesting puzzle to be sure. Like you, I'd like to think at least one of this year's draft picks will be up and at least one FA forward can be signed.

Also, I have a feeling that one of our three pieces of "chaff" - Umbergerg, Brassard, and Mason - will be back nxt season. I don't know which one, and I don't have a good reason for thinking one or another, but it's just too "clean" to have all three be gone.