View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 01:32 PM
MoreOrr
B4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
The teams in Florida don't have the same pull with the league, and they know they have to stick with each other. They're not going to split them so that the other two eastern conferences take one of each.
Well clearly, GKJ. But your argument in the previous post was that Karmanos is the force behind putting the Hurricanes (and thus the Blue Jackets) in the Atlantic and having the Florida teams put in the NE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFan7824 View Post
You have the Rangers, Flyers, and Penguins in that Atlantic group. NY is the center of the world, the Flyers have one of the most powerful owners, and Pittsburgh has the face of the league currently playing, and one of the great players of all time involved in ownership. Those 3 franchises are going to get what they want.

I imagine the only thing that could happen would be the old Patrick + TB and Fla. But if the Flyers/Rangers/Penguins don't want that, it won't happen.
There you go. That's what I'm thinking. I don't know about Karmanos and what influence he has, but that Atlantic Division group has owners who we all know have great influence; and I feel sure that the Florida teams are being pushed into the NE because that Atlantic group doesn't want them. Any role that Karmanos is playing is likely that of the pawn that the Atlantic is using to force to Florida to NE grouping.