View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 02:16 PM
Jet
Confirmed Pav Basher

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by surge1979 View Post
In fairness to Thorburn, he made a ridiculous backhand saucer flip pass to send Slater on a breakaway against Buffalo the other day. Slater scores there and not many people are asking him to sit. I know these plays are few and far between but he's a 4th line enforcer, what do we expect? Peluso isn't making that play, ever. Mitts - maybe....but replacing thorburn with Mitts leaves a significant physicality deficit. I think Mitts should only be replacing Wellwood and Peluso should only be replacing Thorburn or Tangradi.

Furthermore, aside from a dumb turnover in the FLA game, I don't think Thorburn has hurt us. Not to pick on Garret, but I think he mentioned yesterday that Thorbs fight with Simmonds gave Philly some momentum. Realistically, if you're Thorburn and a Top 6 player from the other team challenges you to fight and take himself off for 5 minutes (or the rest of the game through injury), you take that fight every single time.
I expect Thorburn to hit and agitate. Every shift. Make someone on the OTHER team regret he's on the ice. That is what he is paid for. Not for saucer passes. Not to score one highlight reel goal. Not to fight by appointment when we are up and give the other team life.

Thorburn has to remember his role and play it. Otherwise he is useless to us.