View Single Post
02-24-2013, 03:39 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
Winnipeg will 'disappear' if they're not in a division with Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver. They'll be stuck in no-man's land. They'll never figure prominently on HNIC if they're not at least road teams on the second half of double-headers. Putting them in a division with all American teams is a terrible idea. Might as well leave them where they are. It makes no sense.

Any proposal where Winnipeg isn't with Edm, Cgy and Van is a bad one, as far as I'm concerned. This isn't about geography, it's about natural rivals, and not trying to force something that just isn't there.

I just don't see how taking away the Detroit-Chicago rivalry and Winnipeg-Edmonton rivalry in favor of a Chicago-Winnipeg 'rivalry' makes any sense.

I love the idea of going back to divisional playoff rounds again, but it means nothing if the right teams aren't in the right divisions.
So, scrap it because it is bad for one team? Yet, the team has apparently said they are not worried about being with all the Canadian teams? Maybe they don't get as many games on HNIC. Instead, they get more on their local station where all the money goes to the Jets instead of the HNIC money which is split.