View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 02:39 PM
Mowerman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Jaeger View Post
Not what I said.

Schenn was HF's #1 rated prospect at the time of the trade to Philly. Grigorenko, at least by HF, is the lesser regarded player.

Simmonds is more valuable than JGL.

The picks are even.

So, Richards and O'Reilly aren't equal. The trade proposal I offered is similar but not equal accordingly.
They aren't comparable deals. Mike Richards is a guy who "broke out" with a 75 point season (at pretty much the same age as well). He's scored 30 goals twice (28 another year), had 4 consecutive 60 point+ seasons, one 75 point season and an 80 point season. He also went a PPG in 23 playoff games leading his team to the finals. Not to mention he has "intangibles" in spades. Just as good defensively at least as O'Reilly, much better physical game, isn't afraid to drop the gloves, was the captain of his team & has extensive playoff experience, guy that is known to show up during the big games, etc etc. He had a pretty damn good resume outside of the nhl (juniors, olympics, world juniors, etc).

O'Reilly has a few years as a #3 centre and a 55 point season.

The only similarity is that they play centre. A Richards deal is not a framework for an O'Reilly deal. You are absolutely daft if you believe that a deal centred around O'Reilly should be similar in any way, shape or form. Period.

^ If you'd rather have a prospect that looks to have limited offensive upside over one that has a 30 goal season when they are near identical otherwise (except that Biggs plays the body a bit more and isn't afraid to fight), okay. That being said I don't do that deal. O'Reilly brings little to our team unless we can move Grabovski. He's not a #1 centre and we have our #2 guy locked up fairly long term. Overpayment as well, Kadri + Kulemin was getting us in discussion for Richards IIRC.