View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 02:46 PM
Pilky01
@JamesD_TO

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
Winnipeg will 'disappear' if they're not in a division with Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver. They'll be stuck in no-man's land. They'll never figure prominently on HNIC if they're not at least road teams on the second half of double-headers. Putting them in a division with all American teams is a terrible idea. Might as well leave them where they are. It makes no sense.

Any proposal where Winnipeg isn't with Edm, Cgy and Van is a bad one, as far as I'm concerned. This isn't about geography, it's about natural rivals, and not trying to force something that just isn't there.

I just don't see how taking away the Detroit-Chicago rivalry and Winnipeg-Edmonton rivalry in favor of a Chicago-Winnipeg 'rivalry' makes any sense.

I love the idea of going back to divisional playoff rounds again, but it means nothing if the right teams aren't in the right divisions.
Its great! Now we will get 'in progress' Winnipeg drop ins on HNIC during intermission of the Leafs games.

Also, CBC (or whoever will have HNIC in the years to come) has loads of pull. Winnipeg will still get their Saturday 6 p.m. home game when Toronto or Montreal comes to town; the NHL and CBC will make sure of it.

Winnipeg fans showed up to see Lowell, Massachusetts and Syracuse, New York. They will show up for Nashville and St. Louis.

Also, home and away with everyone. That is the huge benefit to everyone with this proposal.