View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 02:47 PM
MoreOrr
B4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilky01 View Post
Where does it appear to have a 'top 8 plan'?

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/...alignment.html

Friedman also said another idea that’s being tossed around involves a way to even out the playoff format in the two bigger conferences.

“Now the other thing that’s being talked about is a potential wild card for those two conferences of eight teams,” said Friedman. “That’s the players’ biggest concern. They want there to be a more even chance in those two larger conferences, and I think they’re working on some sort of wild card.”

Yes, the 'two bigger conferences' he is referring to are eastern time zone teams, they are not part of any larger structured 'Eastern Conference'.

From my understanding of the last proposal, teams would essentially play their 82 games divided by their intra-conference schedule for their own conference games, and then an inter-conference schedule for each of the other three conferences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
No, it doesn't. That is why they are calling them CONFERNCES instead of DIVISIONS. The conferences will be separate. So the 3rd round could be Rangers-Vancouver, Canadiens-Stars.
Okay, Now someone PLEASE answer this for me!!!

If they're still talking 4 Conferences and not 4 Divisions in two Conferences, then why the hell does Detroit and Columbus need to be separated from Chicago, St Louis, and Nashville??? The previous realignment scenario already showed that Detroit and the CTZ teams all improved immensely their travel and schedule. So what's the pressing need to have Detroit and Columbus in all "Eastern" Conferences? Detroit could easily be kept with Chicago. Hell, the Florida teams could even be added into the Central Division with Nashville and you could still have Columbus or Detroit join the East. IF there's no 2-Conferences, then there's no need for any kind of a strict East-west split of the teams.