View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 02:51 PM
Joey24

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Joey24
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
I don't think it's wrong. If the Raptors make the playoffs, it's going to be as an 8 seed. Which means they would play Miami and they would get destroyed. So if we're going to lose a draft pick, we might as well lose it this year in a weak draft and not have the spectre of that hanging over the team's head for the next few seasons.

And honestly the idea of the playoffs being a learning experience is BS unless you can compete to some degree. Getting smoked in 4 straight teaches you nothing. Except that you're not good enough yet. Which is something you can also learn by finishing 9th in the conference.
Playoff anything is quite a bit different then regular season. The whole feel of the playoff atmosphere is nothing compared to what the regular season is like. I do agree that losing a pick this year is probably the better option for Toronto, but I would kinda rather see them make the playoffs sooner rather then later.

TBH It's gonna most likely be the Heat we play in the 1st round any how, weather it's this season or next season, say what you want but the players have to play at another level in the playoffs, and I would rather give the guys a taste of that this season so they hopefully are ready for it next, then miss the playoffs this year.