View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 02:52 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by surge1979 View Post
In fairness to Thorburn, he made a ridiculous backhand saucer flip pass to send Slater on a breakaway against Buffalo the other day. Slater scores there and not many people are asking him to sit. I know these plays are few and far between but he's a 4th line enforcer, what do we expect? Peluso isn't making that play, ever. Mitts - maybe....but replacing thorburn with Mitts leaves a significant physicality deficit. I think Mitts should only be replacing Wellwood and Peluso should only be replacing Thorburn or Tangradi.

Furthermore, aside from a dumb turnover in the FLA game, I don't think Thorburn has hurt us. Not to pick on Garret, but I think he mentioned yesterday that Thorbs fight with Simmonds gave Philly some momentum. Realistically, if you're Thorburn and a Top 6 player from the other team challenges you to fight and take himself off for 5 minutes (or the rest of the game through injury), you take that fight every single time.
In my drunken haze last night, this is what I was thinking. "Losing Thorburn for 5 minutes to get rid of Simmonds for 5 minutes? Sweet!" Now, hindsight is 20/20, but it would have been so much worse if he had fought some 4th line plug just because.