Old
02-24-2013, 02:55 PM
MoreOrr
B4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilky01 View Post
Ask Freidman.
Certainly can't ask you guys, because none of you have an explanation or even seem to care if there is one.

Oh, but someone will say that it's because of likely expansion to Seattle and another western site. Probably the same people (or maybe a whole different group of people) who claimed last year that the 8-8/7-7 split was to make room for two teams on the east.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
Detroit and Columbus want to play in their time zone, simply put.

I don't agree with putting Detroit in the "east", but it's clearly something the Red Wings want.
They already made a huge gain with the previous proposal and not having to play the P/MTZ teams more than twice a year and not in the first 3 Rounds of the Playoffs.

The PA didn't want unbalanced Conferences, but to make two Conferences balanced that meant that one of Columbus or Detroit had to go into AN Eastern Conference. But neither Detroit nor Columbus wanted the other to have that privilege; so the League (or whoever has put this proposal together) has put the both in the East in the hope that that change will somehow appease the PA (or I don't know who still needs to be appeased). I don't recall Detroit or Columbus voting against the previous realignment plan.

Last edited by MoreOrr: 02-24-2013 at 03:02 PM.