View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 02:58 PM
Huffer

vCash: 1458
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Random side post... I find it funny with people constantly nagging on Antropov and Byfuglien for not "hitting".

Sure they don't "Scott Steven's" guys (not totally true, Buff has had some HUGE hits) but they do use their body to their advantage and they actually do hit...

Antro 26hits, tied for 5th Jets forward, tied for 42nd in NHL forwards
Buff 19hits, 3rd in Jets' D, tied for 51st in NHL forwards

Yes I know there are some huge problems with the NHL's hitting stats and it's real iffy, but that effects everyone and if they were completely soft they'd be on the bottom.
You want these guys to hit more? Fine want that. You think these guys are inefficient or could be improved upon? I can understand that. But, to think that they don't use their size is a bit stubborn and blind IMO.
For me I just think Buff could hit more because his hits add up over time and can change the game. And in games like our last one in Philly where they had carte blanche to run any Jet all over the ice, I want Buff to start taking guys heads off.

I think it would help Buff's defensive game if he added a few more hits at the blue line when guys are trying to enter the zone.

He's never going to be Scott Stevens, but I wish he tried to be more Scott Stevens and less Paul Coffee. I just think he would be more effective overall.