View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 03:24 PM
MoreOrr
B4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
Didn't say it was done to please them. I really do not understand why you are having such a difficult concept comprehending why they are moving Detroit and Columbus to the eastern conference. Again, it is about limiting travel for some, and getting teams into divisions with teams in the same time zone. Obviously, it is not going to work 100% as Calgary, Edmonton, and Colorado are the only teams in the Mountain Time Zone, but at least they are traveling only one-time zone away. THAT is about tv money. Dallas gets hurt with their ratings when they play many games that start at 9 or 9:30 locally. Lower ratings hurt how much the local station will pay for the broadcast rights. Even 8:30 starts hurt ratings for most teams.
I really don't understand why you and some others are so easily thinking that this change from the previous proposal somehow resolves the concerns that the PA had about that proposal. And how you think that even more owners will be in favor of this compared to the previous proposal; though that's secondary as long as there's still enough positive vote for it to pass.

I certainly comprehend the idea of Detroit and Columbus being in with other ETZ teams (though nothing more exceptional in that than Colorado being in with other MTZ teams). I'm just not seeing at all how that change fixes anything that was rejected about the previous realignment proposal.