View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 03:32 PM
patnyrnyg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreOrr View Post
I really don't understand why you and some others are so easily thinking that this change from the previous proposal somehow resolves the concerns that the PA had about that proposal. And how you think that even more owners will be in favor of this compared to the previous proposal; though that's secondary as long as there's still enough positive vote for it to pass.

I certainly comprehend the idea of Detroit and Columbus being in with other ETZ teams (though nothing more exceptional in that than Colorado being in with other MTZ teams). I'm just not seeing at all how that change fixes anything that was rejected about the previous realignment proposal.
Should lessen overall travel. The wild-card idea for the play-offs. They "claimed" they were concerned about the fairness of having to beat out 4 teams in some divisions and only 3 in the others. So now, you beat out 3 teams and you get a shot. Yes, still not fair that the 4th place teams in the 8-team conferences have to play the extra game or short round while the 4th place teams of the 7-conference teams do not. I put "claimed" in quotes, because I think the PA rejecting it and their reasoning was b.s. Think it was about the CBA and using that as a negotiating chip.