View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 03:37 PM
SEALBound
On the Laine Train!

vCash: 500
I'm looking at the '13 UFAs...and my panties aren't in too much of a twist for any of them.

The big names we might want are more than likely gonna resign for big so...I don't think we can count on free agency to fix our holes.

My list of guys who I think we should go after are: Clowe, Setoguchi, Kulemin, Clutterbuck, and even ROR.

Clowe is a tough guy presence we can use on a top line and the 3rd line if needed.

Setoguchi provides a good skill set and a good RH shot that we desperately need on a relatively cheap contract.

Kulemin can be a 2nd/3rd line guy that provides the gritty board presence that both Sid and Geno need on their line.

Clutterbuck would instantly make us more physical. Cooke-Sutter-Clutterbuck would be painful to play against.

ROR is an excellent skillset that we are sorta missing with the departure of Staal. Yes, Sutter is great...but he's not the 2C we need if Sid (or as we are seeing now) or Geno go down.

These are all guys that we can obtain through our 3rd line guys, picks, and prospects. Each of the teams they are on could use what we have as well.

Kunitz-Crosby-Setoguchi
ROR-Malkin-Neal
Kulemin-Sutter-Dupuis
Cooke-Vitale-Clutterbuck