View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 03:39 PM
MoreOrr
B4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
Should lessen overall travel. The wild-card idea for the play-offs. They "claimed" they were concerned about the fairness of having to beat out 4 teams in some divisions and only 3 in the others. So now, you beat out 3 teams and you get a shot. Yes, still not fair that the 4th place teams in the 8-team conferences have to play the extra game or short round while the 4th place teams of the 7-conference teams do not. I put "claimed" in quotes, because I think the PA rejecting it and their reasoning was b.s. Think it was about the CBA and using that as a negotiating chip.
Detroit and Columbus still being in Central Division was never quoted anywhere as being a travel issue for the PA. And as has been pointed out, Detroit, Chicago, Nashville, St Louis, and Minnesota http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/arti...articleid=1460 all had their travel greatly reduced with the previous proposal. The specific travel issue that had been mentioned was in relation to what was preceived as unnecessary distance for the Florida teams being part of the NE.

And with respect to the Wildcard idea, if that's the key to getting the PA's acceptance, well that could've just as easily have been adapted to the previous realignment proposal.

I'm only looking for sense, otherwise I don't see the point in debating this or any topic, if there's no sense to it.