View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 03:42 PM
JoemAvs

vCash: 500
Great idea
Have not seen every movie on this list but most of them.
Rooting hard for King Schultz and his movie...
Best Picture

Amour
Argo
Beasts of the Southern Wild
Django Unchained
Les Miserables
Life of Pi
Lincoln
Silver Linings Playbook
Zero Dark Thirty
Lincoln over Django and Argo. Just because I don't think that Tarantino will ever win Best picture. But very close this year. After getting snubbed by the Academy, I don't think they would allow Affleck to win this. They would basically admit that they screwed up. Not gonna happen. I don't believe that anyone has ever won without being nominated as best director?
I don't get the fuss about Lincoln but maybe that is an US-thing and I think that this will be the deciding factor.
Really really enjoyed SLPB as well.
Great year for movies.

Best Actor

Bradley Cooper, Silver Linings Playbook
Daniel Day-Lewis, Lincoln
Hugh Jackman, Les Miserables
Joaquin Phoenix, The Master
Denzel Washington, Flight

From what I have heard it will be Daniel Day- Lewis by a big margin.
The performance of Phoenix is on par with him but DDL will take it too easily...

Best Actress

Jessica Chastain, Zero Dark Thirty
Jennifer Lawrence, Silver Linings Playbook
Emmanuelle Riva, Amour
Quvenzhane Wallis, Beasts of the Southern Wild
Naomi Watts, The Impossible

I would hope Lawrence wins this. Absolutely am in love with that girl . But I think Riva will take it. Amour is really the wild card in this whole thing. It gets too much hype around here so I can't make a sound judgement on it. But I think this is the one where the Academy will show some love.

Best Supporting Actor

Alan Arkin, Argo
Robert De Niro, Silver Linings Playbook
Philip Seymour Hoffman, The Master
Tommy Lee Jones, Lincoln
Christoph Waltz, Django Unchained

"Apparently the smart money is on Tommy Lee Jones for "Lincoln", and it isn't a bad prediction, but I'm pulling for the Dark Horse here, Mr. Christoph Waltz. For those who saw Django, they would understand. Christoph does such a great job in that movie, it's hard to not want him to be in every scene of the movie!"

Agree 100 %. Christoph should win but Tommy will take it for some reason.

Best Supporting Actress

Amy Adams, The Master
Sally Field, Lincoln
Anne Hathaway, Les Miserables
Helen Hunt, The Sessions
Jacki Weaver, Silver Linings Playbook

"Reason? See what I wrote for Daniel Day-Lewis. I think the Oscar was hers to lose, but I wouldn't be totally shocked if Amy Adams wins, but I think Hathaway walks away with it tonight."

I 100 % agree again
Best Director

Michael Haneke, Amour
Ang Lee, Life of Pi
David O. Russell, Silver Linings Playbook
Steven Spielberg, Lincoln
Benh Zeitlin, Beasts of the Southern Wild

I don't like it because I really don't thin Lincoln is that good but it is the typical movie that (sorry) profits from the US bias of the Academy . Would like to see Haneke win this (yeah I can be biased too ). Still think that this is Spielbergs to lose.

Best Original Screenplay

Amour, Michael Haneke
Django Unchained, Quentin Tarantino
Flight, John Gatins
Moonrise Kingdom, Wes Anderson and Roman Coppola
Zero Dark Thirty, Mark Boal

"I will be very surprised if Django doesn't win. Only other possible movie I could see winning this would be "Moonrise Kingdom", and that wouldn't bother me, but Django was great. This would be the spot to honor that movie, as I can't really see the Academy giving Tarantino a Best Picture Oscar."

100 % agree. After not winning Director (not even nominated..) , best picture or best supporting actor, they will give this one to Quentin.

Best Adapted Screenplay

Argo, Chris Terrio
Beasts of the Southern Wild, Lucy Alibar and Benh Zeitlin,
Life of Pi, David Magee
Lincoln, Tony Kushner
Silver Linings Playbook, David O. Russell

I am all in on Lincoln. Even though I dislike this movie. Just screams Oscar darling to me for whatever reason. Would love to see Russell taking this one though...

Best Animated Feature

Brave
Frankenweenie
ParaNorman
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Wreck-It Ralph

Don't know anything about this category tbh. But I think Wreck it Ralph should win this???

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote