View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 03:45 PM
patnyrnyg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreOrr View Post
Detroit and Columbus still being in Central Division was never quoted anywhere as being a travel issue for the PA. And as has been pointed out, Detroit, Chicago, Nashville, St Louis, and Minnesota http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/arti...articleid=1460 all had their travel greatly reduced with the previous proposal. The specific travel issue that had been mentioned was in relation to what was preceived as unnecessary distance for the Florida teams being part of the NE.

And with respect to the Wildcard idea, if that's the key to getting the PA's acceptance, well that could've just as easily have been adapted to the previous realignment proposal.

I'm only looking for sense, otherwise I don't see the point in debating this or any topic, if there's no sense to it.
The PA's alleged objections were not team-specific. It was the overall travel of the league. Agree on the wild card idea, but I do not recall anyone ever mentioning it when it first came up. I honestly think the PA objection was non-sense and they will approve this idea.