View Single Post
02-24-2013, 05:09 PM
Mod Supervisor
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
And how would Kroenke do that? Stastny's still being in Colorado likely has nothing on earth to do with his father. He's basically a 60 point player making $6.6M per season. What team would saddle themselves with such a contract with 2, 3, 4 years remaining in it? Heck, or even 1 year remaining in it?

Stastny will be imminently tradeable at next year's trade deadline. Likely not before. And the Avs had set themselves up perfectly for it, with the drafting and development of Duchene and O'Reilly.

A possible scenarios with Stastny , IF Québec is back in the NHL , is that he could be a good trade bait for them . The name Statsny is famous in Québec and from a PR and marchandise POV it could be huge for them . I could see them willing to overpay in a trade just to get him over there ... Of course i'm taking for granted that they get a teams b4 the end of his ridiculous contract . Or like someone else said b4 , if he does hit the UFA market , i see him playing with St-Louis and light the lamp with the Blues .

Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote