View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 04:45 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMoto View Post
Regarding the bolded I don't agree but that wasn't the statement.

Wanting to be a leader (the captain in this case) is not the same thing as being a leader; it's an indication of ambition, or desire. Nor is it an indicator of one's ability to actually lead.

Leaders are typically born, not built. By that I mean there is a whole slew of traits required to be an effective leader: ambition, drive, self-confidence, competence, a degree of charisma, to name but a few. Someone either has these traits or they don't. Natural leaders can have their skills honed, but you cannot make an effective leader out of someone who wants to be a leader but is lacking too many of the traits and no one wants to follow. They will be a leader in name only.

Also, I'm not saying that's the case here with the Bs and Chara, so don't confuse that.

Regarding the unbolded: I think that's an odd statement. The world is full of leaders who never wanted the job but it naturally fell on them for any number of reasons, and followers in search of or in need of a leader would follow. To say you wouldn't follow them simply because they didn't want the job is a bit short-sighted in my opinion.
Not in the least for me. I like my leaders who want to be there in the first place. I find they're more assertive instead of someone who doesn't or is a reluctant leader who ends up being passive or even worse, passive aggressive. I see it all the time in my line of work.