View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 06:07 PM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
No, if you're going to say something, say something. Cam Fowler didn't win us the title; a couple dozen guys did. You take Fowler away, you've still got a Cup-calibre team.

As far as Memorial Cup traveling - the Detroit/Windsor border is very much hit-and-miss. I've been there when it's an hour delay, and I've been there when you're in-and-out in five minutes. All depends on when you go and which crossing you use.

My buddies and I went to both Rimouski and Brandon; 15-20 hour drives each...and each way. Not the easiest places to get to, but sometimes that's the fun part. The games are simply icing on the Cup.
I agree re Fowler although he was not one of the violations cited,Branch said the violations occurred after the 2009 season,it did involve one player who was on the 09 team,but the violation occurred the following season,the other violation apparently happened with a player who never played here
As for the location re travel as some have said the remote hosts ie Brandon had their
challenges but it all worked out in end
It should not matter whether its held in Barrie,Windsor or London,for the most part
they are hardly considered remote

hockeylegend11 is offline   Reply With Quote