View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 05:24 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#healBurish

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fistfullofbeer View Post
I am totally with you on this. So much of a reversal from last year when both of us were more about keeping Pavs and Marleau and rather trade Jumbo.

If any of the top-line guys need to go my preference is Pavs, Marleau and Jumbo in that order.
Pavs, Jumbo, Marleau is my order. But I'd see Clowe go way before any of them, he just isn't that valuable.

But Pavs... It's not like he's been actively bad, like Clowe has. Pavs, even when not scoring, is valuable for faceoffs, PKing, standing in front of the net. He's a great defensive player, and isn't prone to bad giveaways. He just hasn't really been good at all this year. Even when the top line was clicking, even when Pavs was getting tons of points, he was just always a step, literally and figuratively, behind Thornton and Marleau.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fistfullofbeer View Post
Couture might do ok if you had him centering 2 elite (or really really good wingers). Marleau qualifies as one but there is no-one else on the team right now who can fit the bill for his 2nd winger. Plus, I don't even want to imagine our 2nd line if we have Marleau-Cooter-xxx as our top-line.

We would suck so much, Dyson would name their newest model 'The Shark'.
Marleau-Couture-Drouin.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote