View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 05:33 PM
Killswitch7187
Winter is here

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
I'm sorry and understand Pens fans might not want to include him, but if we're trading Pominville I still think Bennett has to be coming back in the package. Pominville's not going to be a "rental". He's signed for next season and like it's been said, all you have to do is look at the numbers and add on everything he does off the score sheet to conclude he's a star winger. You have to give to get and you aren't going to get a player of Pominville's caliber if you aren't willing to give us one of your better prospects (in this case forward prospects) in the deal.

Like I said, Bennett almost has to be included. Buffalo has much more of a need for forward (specifically winger) prospects than defense prospects. If we're not getting Bennett then the only other player I'd take in this type of deal instead is Despres. Again, Morrow, Maatta, and Pouliot are really nice prospects but Buffalo's stronger in the prospect pool on defense.

Bennett + Niskanen + first is my asking price.
Considering Bennett is practically our only wing prospect, I don't see it happening. However, I definitely don't mind trading Despres in a deal for Pominville. Though I'm probably in the minority with this assessment among my own fanbase. Yes, he's been good this year, but quite frankly Niskanen is better for the top-4 right NOW. Buffalo could use a guy like Despres who doesn't have to wait to play NHL games on your blueline.

With that said, I doubt we trade two roster defenseman. So here's my counter offer with Despres included:

Despres, 2013 1st, Blueger for Pominville

Killswitch7187 is offline   Reply With Quote