View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 05:49 PM
Rrabb1t

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloparren View Post
Matt Hunwick's playing lights out this year and he's an FA at the end of next one. Smart move by mgmt to get him sign him up for 2 years so that if he did play well which he has, we could get better value than if he was a pending UFA.

Now before seeing what we might get for him on the main board, I wanna know what you guys expect? A good D prospect like Trouba? A 2nd line winger who can play on the 1st? A #10-15 pick? We could re-sign him to an extension of course but it's gonna be $4 M+ and I just don't think we can afford that with a few pending contracts in 2014.

He only has 1 point during this season so far but the guy's playing 18-24 mins and is a +2 on this team. His mobility is not reflected on the stat sheet but on a better team with competent forwards, it would translate to more assists.

We'd also be losing a high IQ player as reflected by this thoughtful picture but have to get something back so I'm in favour of moving him before the draft:
I like the thought process behind this. Hunwick certainly holds a lot of value now and I'd hate to see him play for one of our Western rivals. Proper puck possession teams like Detroit would certainly be interested in a smart player like Hunwick if he was available and The Agile Beast could really hurt us a lot like many ex-Avs do. Safest thing to do would be to ship him to East where interest in Hunwick is guaranteed to be high and Avs can just hold out until the very best offer.

Something like Hunwick + Johnny Malkin + 6th for you know...Evgeni Malkin would do it. We'd have to be carefull with (Evgeni) Malkin's recent head injury though. Would suck to lose important pieces like Hunwick for an injury prone player. I think this definetly has General boards trade proposal potential.

Rrabb1t is offline   Reply With Quote