View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 05:49 PM
avsfan09

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
So, I found this on the Kings post game thread, there isn't an EJ thread so I figured I'd just post it here. Really liked this quote from a Kings fan:

"I really noticed Erik Johnson's absence; for some reason, he's always seemed to play very well against the Kings as an Av at all the very recent games I've attended (every home game vs. Colorado,except one, since 2001). And for how much Colorado gets ripped on that trade, but I've been far more impressed (at least, insofar as impact vs. the Kings) with Johnson than I was with Chris Stewart (who I never really noticed when he played us, unless he was taking a stupid penalty)."
It's nice to see. Most people don't watch him consistently and just look at his stats and the fact that he was drafted #1 overall.

He really controls the game. I'm never nervous when he gets the puck in our own zone, unlike with all our other defenders, minus Barrie. He's great at shielding the puck in the corner, using his skating to get away from pressure and using his speed to close gaps.

Even if he doesn't improve too much offensively, he's still a great player. I think it's a matter of time before his offense starts flowing. Once this team is ready to compete and we have a better offense he'll atleast pick up assists.

avsfan09 is offline   Reply With Quote