View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 07:08 PM
Zman5778

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zman5778 Send a message via MSN to Zman5778 Send a message via Yahoo to Zman5778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
I was only 7 in '93, but I was watching the majority of the games at that point and all of the playoff games. Looking back now I have a better understanding of the kind of position they were in, and I'd say that was a terrible low point. They were legitimate contenders to win it all and then lost their two best players to injury, something that became unfortunately common for the rest of Patty and Mogilny's time here. '99 was crushing but as others have said, Dallas was the better team and it didn't ever feel like they were going to pull that out. '06 was their year, but I felt proud of the team with how it fought in the Conf Finals with no defensemen and the future looked bright.

Being 15 in '93, I wasn't terribly disappointed by what happened -- once Patty and AlMo went down, I didn't expect anything. Besides, they were 4th in the Adams during the regular season.

The one postseason that kills me still is the 06 playoff run (LOOK DOWN RORY....LOOK DOWN DAMMIT). I truly, in my gut, believe that that team was THE team. Had we not been down 4 top 6 Dmen for that game 7, I think we would have won the Cup. I'm man enough to admit that I shed a tear or two at the age of 28 watching my Sabres go down to defeat that year.

Zman5778 is offline   Reply With Quote