View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 07:29 PM
Mandala

vCash: 500
Let's see what Therrien can do with the kids. Up to now, he is doing a great job with all of them. They are developing during this season... something I did not see before for a long time.

This season the positives:

Subban: hide him in the depth chart so he can work on his weaknesses and gain a top-2 spot. To be honest, having Markov healthy helps to do that.

Eller: plagued with inconsistent play and lack of finish previous years. Not like he is 18 or 19 anymore. Apparently, Therrien and Eller found a way to make it work this year. Let's hope consistent play and improved finish will allow the Habs to have a nice kid line in the near future:

Gallagher-Galchenyuk-Eller

but mostly, I like that he seems this year to care more when he plays: I mean it seems he fights more for the play, the puck. Previous years, he could play many games floating a la Kostitsyn.

Price:

With a good system, Price faces a low amount of shots per game, so he does not get
as tired. Maybe bored but at least not tired. Price can regain confidence knowing there is a team system in front of him. Not having to deal with low fives of Subban also helps... Good goalies like a team system in front of them (Roy, Brodeur).

Bourque:

Since he returned healthy, he has a much better work ethic. Therrien's system fits well with him. Nice surprise.

Plekanec:

Looks like he will have a good half-season. An "on" year.

Markov:

Honestly, did not know what to expect. Even slower, he is so smart and that first pass is such a blessing for the team.

Galchenyuk and Gallagher

Too early to tell, but I am again very surprised. Rookies can slow down so we will see.

Uncertain:

Cole:

Will he do like last year and speeds things up after a slow start? Or will he pulled an early retirement type season?

Desharnais-Pacioretty:

Last games are the real deal? Hopefully yes.