Thread: Prospect Info: "All Things AHL" Part II...
View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 06:43 PM
sh724

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
Yes. I do. I am not totally sure who is responsible for signing talent to minor league contracts for Peoria such as career minor leaguers, graduated college seniors, overage juniors or ECHL players, but I'm thinking it is him and he has done a terrible job adding to the talent pool and filling needs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumblin Erb Brooks View Post
Im not sure how much freedom he has in signing players, especially since the Blues own the Rivermen. I would imagine any 2 way contract is primarily negotiated and handled by the Blues. I would imagine McDonald is primarily responsible for Peoria/Evansville movement and signing fill in players from ECHL/CHL when Peoria has a hole in-season.
Any two way contract is all done by the Blues, the player is the Blues property. The Blues have a contract to send extra players to Peoria. Any contract that is just an AHL SPC is handled by the Peoria staff, it is up to them to build the team. However since the Blues own and control the rivermen they probably have a lot of say in who the team signs to AHL SPCs. As far as signing undrafted players and career minor league guys that depends on if the Blues want them or if Peoria wants them. If the Blues are interesting in the Player the Blues will sign them to a 2 way contract. If it is Peoria then McDonald will sign them. Anyone on Peoria that does not have a contract with the Blues can sign one at anytime the Blues want to sign them. NHL teams are only allowed to have 50 contracts at a time but AHL teams do not have a limit.