View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 06:49 PM
krazy kanuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
I agree re Fowler although he was not one of the violations cited,Branch said the violations occurred after the 2009 season,it did involve one player who was on the 09 team,but the violation occurred the following season,the other violation apparently happened with a player who never played here
I understood that it was after the 2008-2009 season, and that the violation occurred in 2009-2010. I could be wrong, and if proved so will retract my comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
No, if you're going to say something, say something. Cam Fowler didn't win us the title; a couple dozen guys did. You take Fowler away, you've still got a Cup-calibre team.
Just trying to keep this thread remotely on topic. The Oilers were a great team loaded with stars in the 80s, but to suggest they would have definitevely won anything without Kevin Lowe is a bit of a stretch. They may have, they may not. I'm not even talking about the Spits beating the Colts, I'm talking about them beating the Rangers (and I don't know that the Colts would have beat them either, with the timing of the injuries to DiSalvo and Hutchings). Fowler didn't win it on his own, but if you think that he didn't make a valuable contribution and that the Spitfires would have won with an average player in his place, then we'll just agree to disagree.

krazy kanuck is offline   Reply With Quote